let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
Charming 1913 updated character home perfect for family and entertaining. Welcoming open plan on the main includes a powder room/laundry combo. Gorgeous updated kitchen features granite, gas cooktop and french doors that open onto a warm sunny south facing deck. The ideal place for a morning coffee or summer barbecue. Large thermal windows throughout fill the grand living and dining rooms with an abundance ...
Now sold. This spacious and quiet unit is conveniently located directly across from Beacon Hill Park and a short stroll from all that Cook St. Village has to offer. The lovely kitchen has custom wood cabinetry and marble countertops with a nice flow to dining and living areas. New vinyl windows and sliding doors have been completed by the strata. Great updates include in suite laundry, high efficiency wall...
Awesome Location on the Esquimalt/Vic West border! This bright home on a quiet street features 2 large bedrooms on opposite ends of the unit, 2 full baths including master ensuite, walk in closet, in suite laundry, oversized 24 ft deck for bbqs and lounging, parking and separate storage. All of this in a 2004 Geric Constructed building with affordable strata fees in a well managed building with pets welcome...Listed by REALTII VICTORIA
Charm & Character: Gorgeous 1950's home pulls at the heart strings with its charming curb appeal. Inside you will find traditional character & warmth alongside modern conveniences. Coved ceilings, fir floors & a beautiful river rock fireplace -a focal point of the living room. A heat pump provides efficient heating & cooling. The updated dining room & kitchen overlooks the sunny, level backyard. Two bedrooms ...Listed by SOTHEBY'S INTERNATIONAL REALTY CANADA
Affordable 1 bedroom condo situated in the heart of Fairfield just steps from the Cook St Village. Conveniently located a few blocks from Dallas Rd waterfront, Beacon Hill Park and a short stroll to all of the amenities that Downtown Victoria has to offer. This leasehold building is professionally managed by Devon Properties with 54 years remaining on the head lease. Great floor plan with large bedroom and sp...Listed by RE/MAX CAMOSUN
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Janine’s entrepreneurial spirit has found her in various businesses from restaurateur to metal artist. With a background in architectural technology her passion for design has continued as her path has merged into a real estate career.. She is family oriented and concerned for the future of the planet, researching green and sustainable solutions and finding healthy homes for clients which is a focus within her business. Her experience as a home stager is a service that is offered to all her clients and she is not afraid of getting her hands dirty as she takes more of a grassroots approach to the tasks at hand. Janine brings an educated perspective on the market as well as an eye for value and opportunity.