let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
Welcome to the Reef Building. This amazing one bedroom plus den (Steel/Concrete) is a place to call home. Enjoy the views of the ocean and mountains from your spacious patio. Walking distance to Downtown Victoria, stainless appliances 10ft ceilings, ensuite laundry, storage and secure underground parking space. This will not last long.Listed by STONEHAUS REALTY CORP
Now Sold awaiting deposit. This modern 2bed/2bath condo is an ideal blend of contemporary design in an amazing natural setting. A spacious open plan boasts 9ft ceilings and extra large windows that flood the space with light. The functional well appointed kitchen with stainless appliances and concrete counters is a dream to cook in. A bar height counter joins the living area for easy entertaining and opens u...
Spectacular west facing 2 bed/2 bath unit at the The Belvedere, a highly regarded steel and concrete building in the Humboldt Valley. Offering a functional floor plan, this bright home features an open concept kitchen, living and dining room with SS appliances, granite countertops, teak floors and a fireplace in the living room. The primary bedroom with ensuite is located across from the 2nd bedroom and 4 pie...Listed by RE/MAX CAMOSUN
Now SOLD subject to probate. A cheerful 55+ adult community offering the privacy of home ownership where you own the land. With a spacious floor plan this well maintained home offers 2 bedrooms, sunroom, updated kitchen, walk in tub and 2 decks. There is a separate storage shed and lots of space to garden. The super clean and well run recreation centre has a swimming pool, hot tub, dart and billiard room, wo...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Janine’s entrepreneurial spirit has found her in various businesses from restaurateur to metal artist. With a background in architectural technology her passion for design has continued as her path has merged into a real estate career.. She is family oriented and concerned for the future of the planet, researching green and sustainable solutions and finding healthy homes for clients which is a focus within her business. Her experience as a home stager is a service that is offered to all her clients and she is not afraid of getting her hands dirty as she takes more of a grassroots approach to the tasks at hand. Janine brings an educated perspective on the market as well as an eye for value and opportunity.